Hey friends, hope everyone is doing alright on this 4th day of this very interesting year that has just begun. I am doing alright. To be honest, I am not at my best, but I will get there.

My body has been feeling like crap lately, because I have been so busy with other things, that I haven’t had a good workout in awhile, but I am planning to get back on track today. I know from experience, everything else is better, when my body has been taken care of.

Sunday was a very interesting day, it did not go how I thought it would. I have had enough experience with this life that I have to not hold on too tightly to plans or expectations for any given day. I let my life move in it’s natural flow.

My husband started playing Mario Kart (a racing game the kids got for Christmas) on the Nintendo Switch with the kids 3 days ago. He loved it. This sparked a whole thing of us wanting to give our kids gaming area an upgrade.

They were originally using a falling apart desk we picked from In front someone’s front yard with a free sign on it some years ago (5-6 years maybe), that desk has done some traveling with us since then. Now, it’s time with us was coming to an end.

They were also using a 28 inch tv we bought from someone on Craiglist for $20 a couple of years ago. It worked well.

Now we were about to move them out of that 4 foot gaming corner and build them an 8 foot desk (the supplies cost about $60 from Home Depot) on the other side of the room. My husband went on Craigslist to find them a bigger TV. He did. He found a 40 inch TV, 32 mins away for $40. When we got there, turns out, the seller had another of the exact TV to sell as well. My husband decided to get them both. We got two 40 inch TVs for $70. It took a little more driving around, because we had to find an ATM. 

Buying these TVs took a leap of faith, because we met the seller at a Dunkin Donuts parking lot, and was not able to test them out. We had to take their word for it, that the TVs worked. Lucky for us, it was true. They did work. 

When we got home, it was late, but we decided to start our project anyway, testing the TVs, then attaching both to the new wall (one for gaming, one for watching), taking down the old one from the old spot, breaking up that old desk, building a new one (attaching it to the wall), moving wall shelves and the couch from one side of the room to the next.

It was a lot of work (it took about 5 hours) and a very busy day. The kids were ecstatic.

The whole time we were doing this I was singing Ciara’s  “level up” in my head.

The next day consisted of more decluttering, letting go of stuff, rearranging and cleaning up. It was another hard day’s work.

But I can’t think of a better way to start a new year than to “level up, level up, level up, level up, level up.”